Mitt Romney in 2008?
I ran across a few articles  and web sites  that are trying to position Mitt Romney as a presidential candidate for 2008. And although they claim it’s very possible, I just am not sure someone like Romney will be able to win the Presidency.
Let’s explore the reasons why he might be a good candidate for president and also the issues that might make obtaining the office just a dream.
- He’s a proven leader as evidenced by his turn around of the Salt Lake 2002 Winter Olympics
- He is relatively main stream or centrist (although this is questionable)
- Although he is a conservative, he doesn’t feel it’s necessary/practicle to change Roe v Wade (making him moderate — or at least pulling from both sides of the isle)
- As others have mentioned, he’s a “good looking, well spoken gentleman”
- He’s a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)
- Although this shouldn’t come into play, it’s obviously a major issue as many of those who are speaking of Romney for 2008 mention it.
- The above mentioned strength of being able to pull from both side is often seen as a weekness by the controlling members of the Republican party.
I’m sure there are many other strengths and challenges for Mitt Romney. These are just a few.
So what do you think? Do you think he can even get the nomination? If he does, can he pull enough of the Southern Baptist vote  because he’s a “Mormon”?